THE LIBRARY COMMITTEE
- The library committee shall serve as an advisory group. The committee shall look and evaluate the library needs in support with the academic programs of the college and shall advise the librarian on matters regarding general library policy and development of library resources..
- The members of committee.
- Academic Representative (Pharmacy Representative , Nursing Representative , Foundation Year Representative and Clinical Laboratory Representative).
- Admin Representative ( IT Representative and Purchasing Representative).
- Library Staff (Librarian).
- Achieve excellence in foundation programs that provide high quality education in the field of health care in a cooperative and creative environment under the guidance of qualified faculty members, and with a distinguished academic partnership with well-recognized international universities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The roles and responsibilities of committee :
- Formulate and evaluate library’s mission, vision, goals and objectives of the library.
- Review policies and procedure for instruction, resources, services, and the facilities in the library.
- Ensure the library is connected with and supports the academic programs of the institution.
- Participate in the selection and acquisition process of library materials and resources.
- Cooperate with the educational team to provide textbooks and references every start of semester.
- Discuss budgetary issues for books, journals, databases, media, etc.
- Assist in the planning, implementing and programming of activities in
- Review benchmarking reports with peer institutions for resources,
staffing, and services.
- Formulate action plan for the development of library facilities,
products and services.
- Monitor and evaluate, from time to time, trends and developments in
information technologies, networking, library automation and library
- Review the library annual report.
- Hold a monthly meeting to follow up the developments
in the library.