- Consider the implications and effectiveness of research results.
- Provide the tools and resources to carry out researches as approved by the college council.
Cooperation & Teamwork
The unit shall: .
- Promote collaborative and interdisciplinary researches.
- Encourage creativity and the free flow of ideas.
- Adhere to mutual respect, encouragement and support.
- Share information within the college about new ideas and research findings.
- Recognize major achievements of researchers through announcements, social media, etc.
ExcellenceThe unit shall:
- Measure its performance against the criteria outlined in the college by-laws.
- Evaluate its work through peer review process.
- Use performance indicators for benchmarking.
- Expect high levels of competence.
High Ethical Standard & Scholarly IntegrityThe unit shall:
- Necessitate observance of national and international policies governing the conduct of research.
- Educate and inform the researchers, both faculty and students about research ethical issues.
- Be committed to academic integrity, accuracy and consistency in research conduct.
- Engage in discussions about research ethical issues.
The objectives of research unit:
- Establish and collaborate research activities in the health sciences.
- Encourage students to carry out scientific researches within the institution and in collaboration with other institutions nationally and internationally.
- Establish and develop research relationships, with similar research unit locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Ensure excellence in scientific researches carried out by staff and students by closely monitoring the standard of ongoing researches.
- Facilitate research collaboration among the students and faculties of the institution’s respective department.
- Sustain a research center that follows the institutional strategic research plan.
- Adopt the incorporation of research experience in undergraduate programs, leading to research-based learning in the academic disciplines across the institution.